Weenie Wagon Line Cook
Weenie Wagon Line Cook Job Description
Weenie Wagon Line Cook will be responsible for making sure that food is prepared to the exact specifications of the menu. We are looking for someone with a passion for food, who loves delivering a beautifully cooked hot dog, and who loves to be outdoors!
- Set Up. The line cook is responsible for preparing their station before the start of each shift. The line cook must make sure that all the supplies that will be needed are available and ready for use. This includes preparing some items in the commissary before they are stored in the food truck. Or performing simple tasks such as stocking the truck with carry out boxes or food boats.
- Prepping Food. The line cook will be asked to prep food for service each day. This means chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces. Depending on the food truck, the line cook may be asked to prepare items for special events.
- Cooking. During a shift, the line cook is responsible for preparing the items requested from their station. This requires working with other cooks in the truck to make sure that food is ready at the right time. Also, in the right order so that it arrives at the service window ready to eat and at the right temperature. A line cook will often be directed by the food truck manager as they prepare the food.
- Clean Up. At the end of a shift, the line cook is responsible for cleaning their station. They may also be asked to help others clean up the entire food truck. This means disposing of garbage, cleaning utensils, pots, and pans, and cleaning cooking surfaces. The line cook will also be responsible for taking care of left-over food, whether that means disposing of it, returning unused items to the correct inventory location, or storing cooked goods for use at another service.
- Stocking. The line cook is also called on to unload delivery trucks and store inventory correctly. This means stocking pantries or walk in refrigerators, inventorying items and reporting to the owner.
Email email@example.com with your resume if you are interested!